Opéra Garnier: a backstage visit with a private guide
- The architectural richness of the opera house
- A tour led by a private guide
- The Rotonde des Abonnés and the Grand Escalier
- The paintings and sculptures
Visitors will be amazed and moved by this tour of the stunning Opéra Garnier. Come and marvel at its architectural richness, its artistic treasures, and its majestic auditorium - your private guide will be on hand to make sure that you leave no stone unturned! So let yourself be enchanted by this journey through the life of the opera house, from the era of the Second Empire right up to the present day!
Commissioned by Napoleon III as part of his major building works to renovate Paris, the Opéra Garnier remains Europe's largest opera house, and an impressive example of the architectural and artistic styles of the Second Empire.
Your private guide will show you around this exceptional palace, starting with a visit to the Rotonde des Abonnés (the Members' Rotunda) which used to serve as an entrance for theatre-goers. There, amongst the statues and carvings, you will be able to discern the unique signature of the architect himself.
Fall under the spell of the sculpture of the enigmatic "Pythia", before ascending the Great Staircase, which leads to the main auditorium and the various foyers and reception rooms. The Palais Garnier is also brimming with artistic treasures for you to discover including numerous paintings and sculptures.
You will be asked to select:
- Your preferred language:
- Your preferred start time:
- Availability: every day except public holidays and in exceptional circumstances, according to your preferences and subject to the service provider's availability
- The tour is available in the following languages: French, English, German, Spanish, Italian, Russian
Further details, in particular concerning the location of the start and end of the activity as well as how to get there, will be provided when you make your reservation
The price includes:
- Admission to the Opéra Garnier
- The services of a tour guide
- Hotel pick up/drop off
- Gratuities (optional)
- All other extras
- Start times: 10am, 11.30am, 12.30pm, 2pm, 3.30pm
- Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
- Location: 9th arrondissement, central Paris
- Getting there: Metro stop "Opéra" (lines 3, 7 and 8) or RER stop "Auber" (RER A)
- Capacity: 1 - 19 participants
- * As the Palais Garnier is primarily a theatre, artistic and technical considerations mean that access to the main auditorium is not always guaranteed
- Animals not permitted
> Cancellation terms